Port Orange Jock

One upstate New York man's successful journey through life doing the only jobs he ever loved. Being a Radio personality,(with one long side trip through the Postal Service).

Name:
Location: Port Orange, Florida, United States

Saturday, May 21, 2005

We were now back in Rochester and living with my in-laws. Even under the best of circumstances, we all knew how long that would last. Sure enough, we moved out after only three months and found ourselves an apartment. During that time, I worked three or four different jobs and hated every one of them. I wanted so badly to get a Radio job, but none would come. This lasted for about a year and a half. One day I decided to make the rounds of the local Post Office's, since I had worked as a carrier for a very brief time years earlier. Lucky for me, Pittsford had an opening for a carrier.(what tremendous luck)! Not only did the Postmaster hire me: he re-instated me which let me start at step 5 pay and get all of my benifits too. After that we decided to purchase our first home in Victor using the G.I. Bill. Cathy became pregnant shortly thereafter with our third child. That's when a baby boy named Mark came into our lives. Cathy and I sat down and decided that she would stay home and be there when the kids became old enough to get off the bus. I was now making enough money to keep us satisfied, but I still wanted to get back into Radio, and I was getting very frustrated. Thankfully, May of 1978 would start a whole new chapter in our lives. End of Chapter 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home