Port Orange Jock

One upstate New York man's successful journey through life doing the only jobs he ever loved. Being a Radio personality,(with one long side trip through the Postal Service).

Name:
Location: Port Orange, Florida, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Fortunately, I kept myself very busy upon our return to LA. I started school and buried myself in my work, trying to keep the pain of my Father out of my mind as much as possible. I loved what I was learning. About 6 months later, I became one of only two students that got a Radio job while still going through school for it. I was now on cloud nine. For 2 years I loved everything about life. Cathy was really enjoying her job too. Things were going much easier for us in LA than I thought could be possible. The months flew by, both at school and on-air. When graduation came around, I already knew what my grade would be. I aced every course, except for Sales(I told you I wasn't a salesman), so I ended up with an A minus. Just missed the dean's list by 3 points. But my proudest moment came when I received Summa Cum Laude. In high school I had been just an average student. Just goes to show what can happen when you enjoy what you are being taught. It was now summertime, 1973. I was now working at the Radio Station full time, and my wife was pregnant for what would turn out to be the first of our three children. We would remain in sunny California until February of 1974. The reasons we left LA for good bound for Rochester still make me laugh today. End of Chapter 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home